Reset Windows update in Windows 10 and earlier versions of Windows
- New drivers for the hardware devices installed in the computer
- Security patches
- Known bugs fixed
- Major updates and upgrades.
Sometimes windows updates doesn’t work as you want it. Most common issues include failure with an error code, reverting back of the updates after installation(see here). This article discusses resetting the Windows update completely using a reset script. Generally, resetting Windows updates fixes these kind of issues.
The script does the following things:
- Removes the older Windows update Folders, where the updates are downloaded.Newer ones are created automatically.
- Re-registers the Windows update Files.
- Resets your network connection and BITS service.