Do a little effort now to get Windows 10 upgrade for free after the free offer ends
But now as there is only less than 50 days left when the free upgrade offer ends,the people which want to shift to Windows 10 should do the upgrade now.Unfortunately,some are in dilemma right now.
So I will discuss a method now which allows you to get Windows 10 for free even after the free upgrade offer ends.It is perfectly legal but requires a little effort from you.
The catch is that when you upgrade to Windows 10,your existing license becomes a dual Windows 10 and Windows 7/8.X license and either one of them can be installed once you do a clean Install.Windows 10 is activated through digital entitlement and the other one is activated through a license key.So you need to upgrade to windows 10 first and then restore your earlier version of Windows.
So here are the steps:
Create a system image of your existing OS
- open control panel and then navigate to Backup and Restore.
- Click Create system Image on the left pane.
- Select the drive where the Image is to be saved.It can either be the same Hard drive or an external drive:
- Now click on next.
- Now windows would automatically select the drives for the image.Click on Next:
- Click on start Backup.
Upgrade to windows 10
When you have finished the upgrade,confirm that you have digital entitlement in Activation.For that go to Settings>Update and security>Activation and see.
Rollback to Earlier version of Windows
- Navigate to Settings app
- Open Update and security
- On the left pane,click recovery.
- Click Get started under Go back to Windows 7/8
- Open the recovery tab from settings as explained above.
- Under Advanced startup,click Restart now.
- Then a blue screen would open somewhat like this:
- Click on troubleshoot and then Click Adanced options>System Image recovery
- Then select the system image and restore.
- Your old Windows would be restored.