Get the Installation media file before the upgrade for future purposes in Windows 10
Here’s how to
- Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.
- Type: C:$Windows.~BTSources
- Copy the Install.esd file from the folder to a separate folder let’s say D:/ESD.
Download the Decrypter
The download should automatically start after you click the link.
- After the download completes,extract the ZIP to the same folder where the ESD is located.Double click the file and click extract on the top:
- Change the path to D:/ESD folder:
- Now the tool ESDtoISO and the Install.esd file is in the same folder.This should be the tree structure:
- Now right click the file named decrypt-decryptESD and click Run as administrator:
- As we want to create an Installation media callled ISO file,we need to run the first option-Create standard file with standard Install.wim
- Press option one and then wait for the process to finish.
- When finished,you will get a screen with task finished,press any key to continue: