It’s Patch Tuesday and MS is back with the cumulative updates to Windows 10.Microsoft has released KB3172985 for Windows 10 version 1511 and KB3163912 for Windows 10 released in July 2015.The cumulative update for 1511 brings build number to 10586.494 and for Windows 10 to 10240.17024
What’s new/fixed in Windows 10 version 1511
This update includes quality improvements and security fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Improved reliability of Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer 11, Windows Explorer, Miracast, and Windows kernel.
- Fixed issue with some people seeing a black screen instead of the lock screen when resuming from connected standby.
- Fixed issue with DirectAccess where the Disconnect button appears in some cases when the connection isn’t fully established.
- Fixed issue where local user accounts weren’t locked after a number of failed sign in attempts.
- Improved support for video playback in certain apps that didn’t render video correctly after resuming from sleep.
- Fixed issue with Windows Phone losing user authentication certificates after upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile in some cases.
- Improved support of the backup settings of apps on Windows 10 Mobile.
- Fixed issue where Microsoft Silverlight based apps wouldn’t install on Windows 10 Mobile after joining Azure Active Directory.
- Fixed additional issues in .NET, Windows Kernel, Windows Update, authentication, revised daylight saving time, support for PDF files, Bluetooth, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, networking, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Security updates for Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Kernel Mode Drivers, Windows Kernel, .NET Framework, Windows Secure Kernel Mode, and Microsoft Print Spooler.
Improvements to Windows 10:
his update includes quality improvements and security fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Improved reliability of Internet Explorer 11, Windows Explorer, and Windows Update.
- Fixed issue in the NT File system (NTFS) that caused some systems to hang while restarting.
- Improved support for USB 3.0 to mount Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) CD-ROM devices.
- Fixed issue that caused some drivers to fail during installation.
- Fixed issue that caused some apps to become unresponsive when used with an Input Method Editor.
- Fixed additional issues in Microsoft Graphics component, Internet Explorer 11, Scheduled Tasks, and .NET Framework.
- Security updates for Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Print Spooler, Windows Kernel, Secure Kernel, Kernel Mode Drivers, .NET Framework, JScript, and VBScript.
Download Links for KB3172985
The direct links for KB3163912 would be made available as soon as we get.
Residing from Chandigarh India, Sumit is a Windows Insider MVP awarded for the first time in 2018. He is also an Independent advisor for Microsoft customers and helps voluntarily as well on the forums.