[Updated]Microsoft releases KB3193494 that replaces KB3189866 and fixes issues as well
- Improved reliability of Windows Shell, map apps, Internet Explorer 11, and Microsoft Edge.
- Addressed issue causing push-button reset to not work correctly and roll back on devices with language set to any of the Unicode languages.
- Addressed issue causing devices to crash after disconnecting an e-reader that was attached to the device.
- Addressed issue causing devices to not recognize a Secure Digital (SD) card if it is inserted and removed multiple times.
- Addressed issue causing some apps to not respond to the commands in the app bar in Windows 10 Mobile.
- Addressed issue that sometimes blocks alarm notifications in Windows 10 Mobile.
- Improved support for using the camera app in Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise.
- Addressed additional issues with rendering 4K resolution, missing Start menu tiles when running on battery, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Bluetooth compatibility, graphics, display rotation, app compatibility, Wi-Fi, Feedback Hub, Miracast, Windows Shell, revised daylight saving time, and USB.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel, and Adobe Flash Player.
The reason of re-issuing the update being the issues the users were facing as the update got stuck on 45 percent or 95 percent. This issue was widely reported on community forums as well. The only solution in this case was to manually download the update and make it work. Now the newly released update acknowledges this issue and the following is written against about this update:
We encountered a network transmission issue that affected update 3189866, published on September 13, 2016. The quickest way to address this issue was to reissue the update to all Content Delivery Networks. This new update package, KB3193494, includes the same set of fixes as KB3189866. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
For more information, you can go here. The update is available via Windows update and if you want to manually download this one, you can always do using the following article: