Update to Windows 10 creators update manually if you are unable to get it through Windows update
Please see the following updated version of the article:
Method 1: Using the upgrade assistant
Method 2-Using the Media creation tool
- Downloading the Installation media for future purposes and of course to upgrade
- A more automatic option to let the computer upgrade.
Click on Download tool now to download the media creation tool and initiate the upgrade.
- Choose Option 2 in Media creation tool-download Installation media for another PC.
- Then, if you wish to upgrade the same PC, make sure the checkbox at the bottom which says “Use recommended option for this PC” is checked.Click on Next afterwards.
- Then select ISO file on the screen which says Choose which media to use.Click on Next.
- Save the ISO to any other drive and click OK in the path chooser dialog box.The ISO download should begin.
- When the ISO download finishes, navigate to the ISO file location from file explorer and double click it.It should mount as a virtual drive as shown here:
- Open the virtual drive and launch setup.exe named file, it would start preparing:
- The next step is checking for updates.Windows would get the updates after the upgrade, so select not right now.
- Accept the license terms.
- Then after Windows starts Installing.
- After some restarts you would be greeted with creators update.
Directly download the ISO
After the page opens, click F12 to open developer tools and click on Emulation tab . Under user agent string, change it to a non Windows, let us say Apple safari. Similar are the steps for Chrome as well.
These 3 methods can help getting Windows 10 creators update. If stable and you do not wish to go back, you can free up space from your system by deleting the older OS stored in Windows.old:
To remove the older windows Installation that would be removed automatically after 10 days you can see this article(the bottom section).
Residing from Chandigarh India, Sumit is a Windows Insider MVP awarded for the first time in 2018. He is also an Independent advisor for Microsoft customers and helps voluntarily as well on the forums.