Microsoft's top execs are busy at MS Ignite in Florida, but that isn't preventing the Software giant to ship updates for its products. Following the 2 updates per month policy, Microsoft released updates to the most common Windows 10 versions-Version 1703 and 1607. Let us discuss them in detail.
Windows 10 version 1703
The almost old Windows 10 1703 version had a patch issued KB4040724 that jumps the build number to 15063.632. The previous update was released on Patch Tuesday this month. Update is available via Windows update and Manually from the catalog as well. The following changes have been introduced:
- Reliability improvements and fixes for cellular connectivity.
- Addressed issue in Microsoft Edge where on first launch after installing KB4038788, or periodically thereafter, users may observe performance issues or unresponsiveness until the next launch of the browser.
There is a known issue present however, which says Czech and Arabic languages would have Edge in English.
To download this update you can use the following links:
For the Anniversary update to Windows 10, Microsoft has released KB4038801 that jumps the build number to 14393.1737. The following changes have been introduced:
- Updated the BitLocker.psm1 PowerShell script to not log passwords when logging is enabled.
- Addressed issue with the Lock Workstation setting for smart cards where, in some cases, the system doesn’t lock when the smart card is removed.
- Addressed issue where saving a credential with an empty password to Credential Manager causes the system to stop working when attempting to use the credential.
- Addressed issue where an access token is improperly closed from a WMI query.
- Addressed issue where the size of a cloned file was improperly calculated by ReFS.
- Addressed error STOP 0x44 in Npfs!NpFsdDirectoryControl.
- Addressed error 0x1_SysCallNum_71_nt!KiSystemServiceExitPico.
This update is available via Windows update and catalog. You can use the following links to get it manually.
That is it for this month, you can always check our website for regular updates. In case if the updates fail at restart, see the following articles: