Did your Cortana Search box turned white? Here are some options you can try
- When the Taskbar is black, The white colour looks weird.
- There was no notification by Microsoft on this.
There are a number of workarounds circulating over the Internet to fix this and I will try to cover them in the article:
- Change the Theme to Dark: Dark theme seems to be unaffected by this change.
- Navigate to Settings>Personalization>Start.
- Under Choose a theme, choose Dark.
- Cortana is now grey 🙂
- Switch Back and forth between regions. One of my machines had solved this by Changing the region to one where Cortana isn’t supported like North Korea and back to where you are currently. For this,
- Go to Settings>Region and Language.
- Change region to any country of your choice where Cortana isn’t supported.
- Open the Cortana and she will greet you with the message that she is not available.
- Choose your current Region from Settings again.
- Do a Registry Modification: You need to set some values:
- Open Registry editor by typing in regedit in run dialog box.
- Navigate to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionSearchFlighting
- On the Right side, change the following DWORD Values:
- Current to 0 and RotateFlight to 0.
- Also, Add a DWORD value in the path :
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionSearchFlighting SearchBoxText Value 0 for black. Sign out and in again.
Residing from Chandigarh India, Sumit is a Windows Insider MVP awarded for the first time in 2018. He is also an Independent advisor for Microsoft customers and helps voluntarily as well on the forums.