Is your Computer not showing display correctly after the recent update? Have a look here
Rollback to the previous version of the Driver
- Go to Device Manager by typing in Devmgmt.msc in Run dialog box.
- Navigate to Display devices and right click ATI Radeon HD or Similar device you have. Choose Properties.
- On the Driver tab, hit rollback Driver to go back to the previous version.
You can also turn off the Windows update service, but make sure not to do that permanently.
Download the legacy driver from AMD’s website
- Uninstall everything of AMD using this tool:
AMD Clean Install Utility
- Make sure your device manager shows Microsoft Basic Display adapter as a display device.
- Download the legacy driver from here for Windows 8 system (Driver model is same for 8 and 10) according to your architecture(You might have to do a bit of exercise to locate the driver:
- Run the Setup and you should be good to go.
- Again, temporarily disable the Driver update or Windows update.
Check if Windows has a previous version of the driver
- Download DriverStore Explorer from
- Unzip and run DriverStore Explorer (Rapr.exe). The application displays a list of drivers stored in the WindowsSystem32DriveStoreFileRepository folder.
- On PC, under Display Adapters are listed 3 AMD display adapter drivers-You would have similar ones too:
- c0317758.inf version=22.214.171.124 date=7/25/2017
- c0317757.inf version=126.96.36.199 date=7/25/2017
- c7179335.inf version=8.970.100.9001 date=1/13/2015
- In DriverStore Explorer, click Restart As Admin, select checkbox beside c0317758.inf and c0317757.inf, then click Delete Package.
- Start Device Manager and uninstall existing ATI Radeon HD3200 display driver.
- In Device Manager, select Scan for hardware changes; the old AMD display driver from 1/13/2015 should be re-installed allowing you to properly set the resolution of your display again.
Residing from Chandigarh India, Sumit is a Windows Insider MVP awarded for the first time in 2018. He is also an Independent advisor for Microsoft customers and helps voluntarily as well on the forums.