How to share event logs in case of a computer issue
- Right-Click Start button and Select Run(Alternatively Press Windows key+R) to open Run.
- Type in eventvwr.msc and Press Enter.
- This opens the Event Viewer. Expand Windows Logs.
- Now depending on the type of the issue, we might have asked you for
- System Logs
- Applications logs
- Follow the steps below to share the event logs with us(Taking an example of System logs)
- Right Click System Logs and select Save all events as..
- Select Desktop or any other desired folder.
- Repeat the steps if asked for application logs.
- Open Onedrive and Select Upload>Files.
- Select the files saved earlier. Let it(them) upload.
- Right click the uploaded file(s) in the Onedrive interface and click share.
- Click get a link in the new popup and copy that link.
- Paste the link in the reply of Microsoft community.
Residing from Chandigarh India, Sumit is a Windows Insider MVP awarded for the first time in 2018. He is also an Independent advisor for Microsoft customers and helps voluntarily as well on the forums.