Build 17763 pushed to Fast and Slow ring, might hit release preview ring soon
The next version of Windows 10, apparently called Redstone 5 which is scheduled to release in October is about to get finalized. Microsoft released Build 17763 from Redstone 5 branch to the Fast ring last week. Apparently, the blog post said, “we are not done ” but it looks like it is. Build 17763 has also been pushed to the slow ring last night. The public name would be Windows 10 October 2018 update.
— Dona Sarkar (@donasarkar) September 18, 2018
What is new until 17763
The Redstone 5 release is bringing a number of changes since the last stable release but no new big features. Some of the big changes are namely dark File explorer, More acrylic, new Snip and sketch tool etc.
Fixed bugs and Known issues in Build 17763
There were many bugs fixed and There are only 2 known issues in build 17763:
- [Fixed] an issue where touching a Flash element in Microsoft Edge with two or more fingers could result in the tab crashing.
- [Fixed] an issue where thumbnails and icons might not be rendered if there were any video files saved to the desktop.
- [Fixed] an issue where certain Bluetooth audio devices wouldn’t play sound in apps that also used the microphone.
- [Fixed] an issue resulting in an unexpectedly increased use of battery recently when using certain apps like OneNote.
- [Fixed] an issue in PowerShell where it wasn’t displaying characters correctly in Japanese.
- [Fixed] an issue resulting in display scaling factors not being applied correctly (so the UI was smaller than expected) when viewing a full screen remote desktop window on a monitor set to certain display scalings.
- Task Manager is not reporting accurate CPU usage.
- Arrows to expand “Background processes” in Task Manager are blinking constantly and weirdly.
I hope Build 17763 would hit release preview ring by the end of this week.
Residing from Chandigarh India, Sumit is a Windows Insider MVP awarded for the first time in 2018. He is also an Independent advisor for Microsoft customers and helps voluntarily as well on the forums.