[December Patch Tuesday] New cumulative updates for Windows 10 now available
This December’s Microsoft Patch Tuesday as always has bring updates to all of the products. With Windows 10 on our radar, we would discuss the updates for all 3 versions of Windows.
For version 1511,KB3205386 has been made available that jumps the build number from 10586.713.
The following changes are noticeable after this update:
- Addressed issue that causes the System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) client to fail installation when a device is re-imaged using the SCCM task sequence.
- Addressed issue with an error that occurs when the home page of the browser is set to an extremely long URL.
- Addressed issue with search suggestions and suggested sites feature of the browser not working properly.
- Addressed issue when changing the password for a local account with update KB3198585 installed, the computer will hang at “Changing Password”.
- Addressed additional issues with Internet Explorer and updates to time zone information.
- Security updates to Microsoft Uniscribe, Microsoft Graphics Component, the Windows OS, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Windows Hyper-V, Windows kernel, and the kernel-mode driver.
Microsoft Update Catalog is the best way to download this update.