What is new in Windows 10 creators update?
- Registry Editor now has an address bar to switch quickly between keys, Ctrl+L shortcut points to the address bar and shorthand notifications like HKCU are supported.
- Fonts in registry editor can be customized.
- Windows update notifications can be controlled using a separate page in Windows update settings.
- Now you can pause windows update for 35 days in Pro, Education and Enterprise editions.
- Now you can skip driver updates from Windows update.
- Active hours has a range of 18 hours now.
WiFi and Internet
- Now you can set Ethernet as metered too.
- New feature to turn on the WiFi at a specific time.
- New Tab preview bar in Microsoft Edge.
- New set aside tabs feature in Microsoft Edge.
- Now flash can be disabled if you want in Microsoft Edge.
- Three and four finger gestures are now introduced in Settings>System>Touchpad.
- New Blue light reduction feature- That was renamed later to Night light. This is present in Settings app>Display.
- Troubleshooters have been introduced in Settings app>Update and security.
- New Gaming section in Settings app.
- Custom accent color can now be used for Taskbar and Titlebar.
- New option to delete temporary files in Settings>System>Storage. This option is turned off by default.
- Custom scaling is moved in Display settings of the settings app.
- Theme settings page now contains a link to store.
- New windows defender UI and dashboard app.
Start Menu, Taskbar and apps
- Programs and features has been renamed to Apps in features in Windows key+X
- Powershell replaces Command Prompt in Windows+X menu by default.
- The 3D builder app has been moved to Windows accessories.
- Mail and Calendar app is now pinned to the taskbar by default.
- Newly downloaded apps and games from the Store will now show download progress inside of the Action Center
- Now themes can be downloaded from Windows store.
- Cortana’s search box has a lighter shade.
- Apps would no longer be installed again after a feature upgrade.
- New Paint 3D app.
- Tiles can now be grouped into folders in Start menu.
- New Game mode to improve performances of the game.
- New OOBE improvements- The UI and privacy settings are revamped.
- Narrator now supports Braille language.
- On PC’s with 3.5+ GB of RAM, service hosts have been split to separate processes.
Residing from Chandigarh India, Sumit is a Windows Insider MVP awarded for the first time in 2018. He is also an Independent advisor for Microsoft customers and helps voluntarily as well on the forums.